My fan base is growing by leaps and bounds. I have readers all over the world, in places like New York, Korea, Tucson, Vermont, Honiara and Byng. Many of you suffer from “Lawton Envy.” So because you long to to be here, but since you can’t, I took a few pictures for you with my trusty Kodak Easyshare. Enjoy.
1. Ernie and Mother’s place decked out for Halloween.
2. Columbia Square Apartments where I lived in the late 80’s. I put this one up to show Brenda and Kelly. This is the new building. The one’s where we lived were recently torn down.
3. Billy and Mother’s husband Ernie suited up for the game.
4. A friendly neighborhood buffalo.
5. Leo and Kens. A popular truck stop we frequent. The serve a tasty upscale prison cuisine. If you eat there don’t bother complaining about the food. It’s not their fault you chose to eat there after all.
6. Lawton schrub on Gore and Fort Sill Blvd.
7. Billy in front of his scoreboard on Gore.
8. Apac where I worked with Susan in the mid 90’s. Remember all the fun we had Susan?? lol.
9. Sign at Billy’s Uncle Dana’s car lot. He’s been selling cars in Lawton since the city was founded, I think.
10. Internet pic of the Lawton Constitution where I met Richard and Susan’s ex husband Tom Jackson. They are both world renowned journalists these days. Susan gets her kicks reading books and teaching Korean engineering students how to communicate in English.
11. Pics taken Saturday morning out at the Wildlife refuge while we were driving to Cache to clean windows at Bank of the Wichitas.
12. Gas prices in Lawton as of Friday. They haven’t changed over the weekend as far as I know. But I heard that Oklahoma has the lowest prices in the nation and a station in Frederick (SW OK) has it priced at $2.04 a gallon.
13, 14, 15, 16, 17. Accidentally posted these twice and don’t know how to take them off.
18, 19. Welcome to Lawton, y’all.
20. Norton my darling doggy here at home in Richard Spur.